THS PTSA FEBRUARY 2021 NEWSLETTER
Second semester is well underway! We are looking forward to nicer weather with Spring on the horizon.
- The PTSA was able to provide ACT bags for our Junior students when they took the ACT exam last week. Many thanks to all who contributed and helped to assemble the bags for the students.
- Winter Sports Recognition Ceremonies-Head Coaches will be communicating information this week regarding the winter sports recognition ceremonies.
- Please make sure your Senior's shot records are updated with the Meningococcal vaccine no later than Spring Break . Seniors that do not have updated shot records on file will not be permitted to attend Senior activities, including Graduation. Please reach out to Mr. Householder or our THS Medical Assistant Mrs. Kinsell at 330-633-5505 with questions.
- Spring OHSAA Athlete/Parent Meeting: If you were unable to attend this virtual meeting, please click on the link below to watch the recording. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBO9gKkwfA
- Student fee balances are available on each student's EZ Pay account. Senior fee invoices were also emailed last week. Senior fees must be paid to receive your cap and gown and diploma. Please contact Kelli Christopher at [email protected] if you have questions. https://www.spsezpay.com/Tallmadge/login.aspx.
Wednesday, March 3rd: 2nd semester HS conferences Grades 9-12- 3-6:30 p.m. Conferences will be held virtually. If you are interested in meeting with your student's teacher(s) please fill out the following Google form:
Friday, March 5th: Senior Local Scholarship Kick-Off-virtual event on Google Meet (located in the header of the THS Senior google classroom).
Monday, March 15th: THS March PTSA meeting 6p-7p via Google Meet. Join using the following link: meet.google.com/yhc-pngf-ugb
Tuesday, March 23rd: THS Blood Drive from 12p-6p at the Summit County Fairgrounds. Appointments are required to keep with social distancing guidelines.
Monday, March 29th-Monday, April 5th: Spring Break
We encourage all THS Students, Parents, Faculty and Staff to join the THS PTSA. Memberships are $5 and can be purchased through our Member Hub store (see link below) or by printing off a THS PTSA Membership form from the Tallmadge High School website (under PTSA tab) and mailing it in to the school. Congratulations to our Membership Raffle Winners!
Parent Winner: Tricia Dirker
Student Winner: Ashton Bell
Staff Winner: Amy Lewis
We are also offering 2 levels of business sponsorships-a blue sponsorship is $50 and a gold sponsorship is $100. All of our business sponsors will be listed in upcoming newsletters and on our social media sites. Business sponsorships can also be purchased using the link below or by contacting any of the THS PTSA Board Members.
- Evan Hipkins is collecting new stuffed animals (with tags) for his Eagle Scout project. The animals will be donated to Akron Children's Hospital, to lift the spirits of, and comfort the patients. There will be a collection bin in the rotunda under the info board to the right of the student entrance. The stuffed animals should be deposited into the bin inside a plastic grocery bag. The collection will run until March 20. Your generosity is appreciated!
- Thanks to everyone who generously donated to our Teacher Treat Bags for Conference Night!
- The THS Interact Club is raising money to buy Easter baskets for children in our community. This year has been exceptionally hard for so many. If you would like to make a donation to help, you can do so here: https://tallmadgehighschoolptsa.memberhub.store/store.
- We will once again be hosting our Annual Spring Flower Sale. Keep an eye out for more information after Spring Break. Orders will be in on Saturday, May 8th just in time for Mother's Day!
Business Sponsors: Please support these local businesses that have so generously donated to the THS PTSA!
Olds Pest Control
The UPS Store
Tammy Korylko, DDS
Rub My Belly Doggie Spa
Robert Nickoson Financial Group
Gerald Sisko, DDS
Tallmadge Family Eye Care
Tallmadge Mini Storage
Carmen Construction Company
Gerber Management Group
PTSA Meeting Information:
Please join us for the March PTSA Meeting on Monday, March 15th from 6p-7p via Google Meet. All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions. Have a great week!
-Monica Caruso, THS PTSA President