Tallmadge City Schools
June 21, 2021
We have just completed a year like no other. There are so many within our district who deserve our gratitude.
Our teachers not only created a curriculum that would allow our students to hit educational milestones in a completely new manner, but they also paid extra attention to the well-being of our children during this difficult time.
The custodians, food service team, and drivers all worked with the safety protocols to make sure the buildings were ready, the students were well fed, and the buses ran safely on schedule.
Parents were a source of support to both their students and our schools, allowing our momentum -- and, therefore, our success -- to move forward throughout the year.
Our students endured circumstances which have not been endured in modern times. Special recognition goes to the awesome class of 2021 who led the way. We are so happy that the end of the school year enabled in-person traditions like Prom, Senior Breakfast, and Graduation. The success of the Senior Parade may become a new tradition.
I hope all of you are enjoying a well-deserved summer vacation.
We are working to have everything ready for an awesome 2021-22 school year. As with all things related to Covid-19, changes can happen at any time. However, based on what we know right now, this is what you can expect for the 2021-22 school year:
- School will start August 16th and be full in-person, five days per week for all students.
- The 5th grade will return to the TES Building.
- The 5th graders will be following the Tallmadge Middle School schedule with their day starting at 7:45 am.
- The 8th grade is back at TMS.
- While additional guidance from the Governor is expected, it is anticipated that masks will be optional for students and staff. Tallmadge Online will again be an option for all families K-12.
Until the bell rings in August, we hope that you and your family enjoy a safe, fun, and peaceful summer break.
Superintendent, Tallmadge City Schools
We help students succeed.