This page is intended to provide information about Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Tallmadge School Closure. We will continue to update this page as more questions come in. If you don't see your question answered on this page, please reach out to us and ask
. We will answer questions as they come in daily.
My student is in AP
classes at the High School, will they still take the AP Tests?
- We continue to get updates from the AP folks. There is talk of offering an online exam from home but we have not heard the final outcome. We have always required students to take the exam as part of the course but under these circumstances it will not be required. We will continue to teach the required curriculum to the best of our ability during the shutdown. As we move forward your student's instructor will keep them updated about the exam. If there is an exam offered, it will be a families’ choice to sit for it.
Middle School - What
is the status of the 7th & 8th grade trips out of state? And if they are
canceled, when will we receive a refund?
- Yes, the trips have been canceled. We are working on the refunds for the
trips. Mr. Manion will keep you posted
as to when these refunds will be available.
registration- what will be the process for this?
- Online kindergarten registration is currently
available on our website at the following link:
http://www.tallmadgeschools.org/Registration1.aspx We are currently holding off on the two
additional required proof of residency documents until the school closure has
been lifted (likely in the summer). Our
kindergarten screening process will be moved to early August. More information and sign up times will
become available soon.
Will kids receive report cards for the third quarter? If they don’t get fourth quarter report cards....do they get a letter stating they passed their grade?
- Yes, there will be report cards for the 3rd quarter. Elementary report cards will be mailed home next week and the High School report cards will be posted on line in ProgressBook. As for the end of the year, there will be another report card sent home.
Will prom be
rescheduled if this closure extends through May 3rd?
- We have
scheduled an alternate date for prom. It will be June 12. Mr. Householder will
have an update for seniors that will give more details about prom and some
other senior specific information.
Will there still be a
Community Celebration of the new K-8 campus?
- The community celebration will no longer be held
on May 9th. We will still have the event at a future date,
hopefully in the Fall.
Will there be a meal
service for students during the building shutdown?