The Munroe Elementary staff and I would like to welcome you to another exciting school year! We have many activities happening here at Munroe throughout the year. Please check out our website (tallmadgeschools.org) for announcements, dates and resources. Also, you can follow us on Twitter @TallmadgeK5 and @TallmadgeK5AP
Students at Munroe will be using a Yellow Communication Folder, which they will bring home each day. It will be a method for parents and teachers to communicate easily. Please check your child’s folder every day.
In order to help make the year run smoothly, here are some reminders, (also refer to the K-5 Parent/Student Handbook).
1. The school day will be from 8:30-3:00. If your child arrives to school after 8:30, they will be marked tardy. Please have them stop in the office to get a note for their classroom teacher.
2. Please call the school office (633-5427) by 9:00 AM if your child will be absent. You may also email or leave a message on the voicemail.
3. If your child will be leaving early for an appointment, please send a note to your child’s teacher. Also, anytime that a child has an early dismissal, the parent must first come to the school office before picking up the child. PLEASE DO NOT GO DOWN TO YOUR CHILD’S CLASSROOM. Your child will be called to the office from the classroom.
4. Please refrain from picking your child up between 2:30-2:55, unless it is for a doctor’s appointment or an emergency. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
5. Our policy is that we cannot accept bus notes to have children ride home on a different bus. If there is an emergency, please call the office.
6. The cost for a school lunch this year is $2.75, including milk. Milk is $.50. Breakfast will be available, and the cost is $1.75. You can pay by credit card using the EZ pay, located on our website. You can also put money on your child’s account by cash or check.
7. Fast food is not permitted in our school lunchroom. We greatly appreciate your cooperation.
8. Lunch times are as follows. You are always welcome to eat lunch with your child. Parents will not be permitted to be on the playground.
3rd Grade Lunch: 11:15-11:45 Recess: 11:45-12:05
4th Grade Lunch: 11:45-12:15 Recess: 12:15-12:35
5th Grade Lunch: 12:15-12:45 Recess: 12:45-1:05
Please feel free to contact me if there is anything that I can do to help make this a successful and enjoyable year for your child.